In Texas, we enjoy the benefit of mild winter temperatures, but here in the San Antonio area, we are still subject to a few good freezes every winter season. It’s vital that you get your roof ready for the upcoming potentially cold and icy conditions by winterizing your roof.
Steps to Winterize Your Roof
The first step in getting your home ready for winter conditions is to perform a basic roof inspection. Here are some things to look for:
- Look for cracked, damaged, or missing shingles
- Check your roof’s flashing, especially around vents
- Trim tree branches that are near or over your roof
- Clean away debris like dead leaves, dirt, branches or other items
- Clean out your rain gutters to ensure that moisture can flow away from your roof
- Look for animal damage from squirrels, raccoons, mice, wasps, or other creatures. You will want to ensure that they have not damaged your roof or made openings into your home
- If you have a chimney, inspect it to make sure that it is clear of debris
- Schedule a professional inspection with a professional roofing contractor
The best way to make sure that your roof is ready for winter is to have one the professional roofers at Ace Roofing Company come and give it a thorough inspection. Now is the time to look for small issues that could become expensive or difficult to fix in the middle of wintery conditions.
Contact Ace Roofing Company and talk to a friendly member of our team about getting your home ready for the winter. We offer inspections, free repair estimates, and quick repairs to get your roof ready to withstand the winter and welcome spring. When you partner with Ace Roofing Company, you partner with a contractor that truly cares about your San Antonio home.